Ballet Petite is the first premiere dance education program exclusively for the young child. The specialized curriculum was developed by Nancy Parenti in 1992. Along with the technical leveling of each class, she developed the “storydance”. Each day is a magical door opening to an enchanted realm where stories are enacted and the wonders of all of the arts shine in the light of imagination. Ballet Petite is an intermediate step between natural movement and formal classical ballet training. The children learn to move from creative movement to pre-primary ballet. The educational value is to introduce dance, artistically, to young children. The artistry of Ballet Petite speaks to the heart of children.
- We believe in high standards of a varied and graded curriculum for each individual child.
- We believe that the energy and talent of our teachers is unsurpassed.
- We believe in the creativity of the child.
- We believe in classicism in music, dance, literature and costume arts.
- We believe in the nourishment of language arts skills and cognitive development.
- We believe in the quality of the child’s environment.
- We believe in artistic, handcrafted costumes, props and sets.